Our church is a friendly, warm, and welcoming congregation to all who come to the shed of our building most especially to those who seek relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This church has been established since 1957 and continued on to this day. Over the years, we have gone through a lot of ups and downs but through it all, the Lord kept this church and it still stands today as a testimony of God’s faithfulness to His Body.
As a local church, we are known as Kipling Avenue Baptist Church but we also belong to a denomination known as Canadian Baptist of Ontario & Quebec. Overall, we also belong to the greater BODY of CHRIST, which is the UNIVERSAL CHURCH redeemed by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB which is no other than the Lord JESUS CHRIST. The end goal of our beliefs and practices is to GLORIFY GOD through our life’s witness.
Rev. Elmer Manzo
Pastor Emeritus/Interim Pastor
Kipling Avenue Baptists Church is a multicultural body of caring believers who desires to glorify God through worship, prayer, fellowship and in sharing the love of Christ with all people, and equipping believers to be true followers and servants of Christ.
Adult Sunday School: Sunday, 9:30 AM
Prayer Meeting: Wednesday, 7:30 PM
Youth Friday Night: Friday, 7:00 PM
Choir Practice: Friday, 7:00 PM
What We Believe
- We believe in one God who exists in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Father sent Jesus into the world to restore us to a perfect relationship with Him. He reveals Himself to man, through the Bible by His Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He came into the world, took our sins upon Himself and was crucified. He was buried, raised from the dead after three days and ascended to His place of authority at the right hand of the Father. At an unknown time in the future, Christ shall return to gather all those who have put their faith in Him.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. He is given for the indwelling, strengthening, comforting, teaching, and equipping of God’s children for service in His Kingdom.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, inspired by His Holy Spirit. As the Word of God, it should be taken as the supreme standard in matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe that man and woman were created in the image of God for communion with Him, but the man and the woman sinned and severed their relationship with God. All men and women, therefore, stand in need of salvation, through Christ, in order to restore this broken relationship.
- We believe that God has appointed a day, wherein He will judge the world by Jesus Christ. On that day everyone shall receive according to his deeds: the wicked shall go into everlasting punishment; the righteous, into everlasting life.
- We believe that Christ’s great command is to show love to all mankind by sharing our possessions, to meet their needs, and by teaching them the things found in the Word of God – especially the Good News about Christ’s great sacrifice for the sins of the world.
- We believe in the observance of the ordinances of communion and believer’s baptism by immersion following the Lord’s example.
Note: We support the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec document entitled, “This We Believe: Resources for Faith.” (1987)
Meet Our Staff
Rev. Elmer Manzo’s Ministry Profile
* Filipino-Canadian, has been in the Lord’s ministry for 60 years. (28 years in the Philippines as a New Tribes Missionary, Prayer Director/Executive Director of Every Home for Christ, Pastor/Pastor Emeritus of Singalong Evangelical Church, Pastor-at-Large of Ermita Christian Fellowship & Banner of Praise Christian Fellowship) and 32 years in Canada
* Pastor Emeritus/Interim Pastor of Kipling Avenue Baptist Church—September, 2022 to the present
* Pastor Emeritus/Pastor of Faith Community Christian Church – February 2016-2022
* Senior Pastor of Kipling Avenue Baptist Church – September 2004 to January 2016.
* Missionary/Associate Pastor/Pastor of Congregational Life, Mississauga City Baptist Church, 1990 – August 2004
* 2nd Vice Moderator, 1999-2000 } Toronto Area Association
* 1st Vice Moderator, 2000-2001 } of Baptist Churches
* Moderator, 2001-2003 } (TAABC)
* Executive Board Member, 2003-2005 }
* President, Canadian Association of Filipino Ministries, 1996-2003
* Adviser, Ontario Filipino Ministerial Fellowship (OFMF), 2004 to the present
* Board of Director – World Team Canada – 2003-2012
* Board of Director – Church Planting Ministries, Inc. (CPMI), 2012 to the present
* Chaplain-at-Large, Trillium Hospital, Mississauga, 1997-2019
* Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Philippines
* Master of Theological Studies Degree Holder, McMaster University, Canada
* Has one and only one beloved wife for 48 years, Yolly Manzo
* Has two grown-up kids, Elson Yomer Manzo married to Joy Franco & Elmerson Yohann Manzo married to Eliza Santos
- Has 4 grandchildren: Ellize (17 years old) Elgin (13 years old) , Elo & Ela (twins, (13 years old)
* A SINNER who became a SAINT, SAVED by the grace of God to be a SERVANT in His Kingdom
Fiyin is an accounting graduate. She joined KABC as a young kid. Since then she has become KABC office admin on a part-time basis. During her free time, she enjoys watching Netflix, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
see more staff below…